Celebritydeathnews has learned that Michael Armand Hammer, the father of Armie Hammer and a successful businessman, has passed away.
Who Was Michael Armand Hammer?
An American businessman named Michael Armand Hammer existed. He was the grandson of businessman Armand Hammer and son of Julian Armand Hammer.
Michael Armand Hammer Quick Facts
|Born in Year:||September 8, 1955, Los Angeles, CA|
|Death Date:||November 20, 2022|
|Wife:||Dru Ann Mobley (m. 1985–2012)|
NYU Stern School of Business (1982), Columbia University, University of San Diego, Oxford Academy
|Children:||Armie Hammer, Viktor Hammer|
|Siblings:||Casey Layne Hammer|
|Grandchildren:||Harper Grace Hammer, Ford Armand Douglas Hammer|
How Did He Pass Away at 67: All You Need To Know!
TMZ reports that family sources have confirmed that Michael passed suddenly on Sunday. He reportedly battled cancer for a while and was pretty unwell.
- Before becoming involved with Occidental Petroleum, the business his grandfather, Armand Hammer, oversaw for many years, the American entrepreneur worked at an investment banking firm in New York City.
- In the 1980s, Michael relocated Occidental’s headquarters to Los Angeles, rose to the position of vice president, and was appointed to the board of directors.
- Michael ruled over Hammer International Foundation, Armand Hammer Foundation, Hammer Galleries, and Hammer Productions over the years.
- Armie and Viktor, Armie’s siblings, were born to Michael and his then-wife Dru Ann Mobley in 1986 and 1987, respectively.
- The “House of Hammer” docuseries prominently featured the Hammer family, as you are aware.
- Armand and several other family members were buried in the family’s mausoleum located in the Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park.
- Misty, his wife, Armie, and Viktor are Michael’s surviving family members.
- He was 67.
What Sort of Company Does Michael Armand Hammer’s Family Run?
The Armand Hammer Foundation and the Hammer International Foundation were overseen by Hammer, who is best known for his connections to Occidental Petroleum, the late grandfather’s business. Hammer also owned several companies, including Hammer Galleries and Hammer Productions, a Los Angeles-based television and film production company.
Michael Armand Hammer’s Reason for Death!
According to sources, Michael Armand Hammer passed away on Sunday, Nov. 20, after a protracted battle with cancer. His sons from his first marriage, Viktor and Armie Hammer, as well as his second wife, Misty Millward, whom he married in 2017, survive him.
- Michael spent the majority of his life trying to please his father, Julian, according to a Vanity Fair article about Armie, and it never seemed to end.
- The fact that Michael’s grandfather Armand (Armie’s great-grandfather) left Julian out of his will caused the most harm to their relationship.
- Michael was dismissed as a playboy only looking to have fun, while Julian was labeled as “addled and unreliable.”
- Long-lasting and still unresolved at the time of Michael’s passing was a legal dispute involving Armand’s estate.
- Before ending up in the art world, Michael would hop around from his grandfather’s business, Occidental Petroleum, to various tech companies.
Rest In peace Michael Armand Hammer. Check below the posts that might interest you:
- Pat Carroll Dead At 95: How Did ‘The Little Mermaid’ Star Pass Away?
- How Did Robyn Griggs Died?: ‘Another World’ Actress Officially Confirmed To Be Dead At 49 After Malignancy (Cancer) – August 2022!
- American Author Thomas Cahill Death at 82: Heart Attack Took ‘How The Irish Saved Civilization’ Star From Us!
Also, share this with your friends too…
A Content publisher who likes to publish and write articles on popular celebrities. Covers the famous people passing away news. He has hobbies of writing content, skiing, and listening to music.