Major Covid 19 death events and sad stories are told to us back then. We faced a high amount of stress and pain due to this news. Actually, who were those famous actors? let’s find it in this post.
Covid 19 Deaths That Were Hollywood Actors
- Ricardo Flanagan
- Linda Torres
- Cloris Leachman
- Dawn Wells
- Carol Sutton
- Tommy “Tiny” Lister
- Brandis Kemp
- Lee Fierro
- Jay Benedict
- Julie Bennett
- Andrew Jack
1. Ricardo Flanagan
|Born:||March 23, 1980, Cleveland, OH|
|Died:||October 2021, Los Angeles, CA|
|Movies:||Emily the Criminal, RAGD|
- Rapper, actor, and comedian Ricardo Flanagan passed away on October 12, 2021, at the age of 41. His works include Shameless, Insecure, and Last Comic Standing.
- Flanagan had already contracted COVID-19, according to his agency Stu Golfman of KMR Talent, who spoke to ‘celebdeathnews’.
- In a statement, Golfman said, “Ricardo was undoubtedly one of the kindest persons on the globe, a fantastic performer, and we are heartbroken by the news of his passing.” About his passing, nothing more was said.
- To raise money to “bring him home to his family in Cleveland, Ohio,” a GoFundMe page was set up. Flanagan was described as a “beloved son, grandson, cousin, nephew, and friend with many outstanding qualities” in the fundraiser’s description.
“He brought laughter to every room he entered in,” the report added.
2. Linda Torres
|Born:||January 1, 1954, New York, NY|
|Died:||April 1, 2021, Staten Island University Hospital|
|TV shows:||Big Ang|
Linda Torres, a star of Big Ang, passed away on April 2, 2021, after receiving a COVID-19 diagnosis. She was 67.
- When Torres appeared on Mob Wives and Angela “Big Ang” Raiola’s VH1 reality show, they were friends.
- According to Big Ang’s sister Janine Detore, she passed away at Staten Island University Hospital after developing COVID and being put on a ventilator.
- “Like my sister, Linda was the life of the party. Very enjoyable to be around, not judgmental, simply wanted to have fun, “About her acquaintance, Detore stated. Knowing that she is now gone makes me so sad.
Added, “I adore Linda to the fullest. She is amazing.”
3. Cloris Leachman
|Born:||April 30, 1926, Des Moines, IA|
|Died:||January 27, 2021, Encinitas, CA|
Dinah Englund, Morgan Englund, George Englund, Jr., Bryan Englund, Adam Englund
|Parents:||Berkeley Claiborne Leachman, Cloris Wallace|
|Spouse:||George Englund (m. 1953–1979)|
- According to information from Leachman’s death certificate, she battled COVID-19, and the virus was a major factor in her passing on January 27, 2021, at the age of 94.
- According to a representative for the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office, Leachman passed away from a cerebrovascular accident, also known as a stroke.
- The spokesman stated that COVID-19 was a severe condition that significantly contributed to her death but was not the primary factor.
4. Dawn Wells
|Born:||October 18, 1938, Reno, NV|
|Died:||December 30, 2020, Los Angeles, CA|
|Spouse:||Larry Rosen (m. 1962–1967)|
|Parents:||Betty Wells, Joe Wells|
- The Hollywood Reporter reported Dawn Wells’ death in Los Angeles on December 29, 2020. She was 82.
- Wells’ spokesman alleged COVID-19 killed her. Wells’ representative didn’t immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request.
- Wells appeared on Bonanza, The Love Boat, Gilligan’s Planet, Growing Pains, Baywatch, Columbo, Roseanne, and many others before and after Gilligan’s Island.
- In 2018, Wells’ friend Dugg Kirkpatrick started fundraising to pay off medical bills. ($205,510)
- Kirkpatrick told PEOPLE exclusively that Wells didn’t realize he was putting it up. “She was furious and probably still is because she’s embarrassed. As her best friend, I know this is best. Because of the favorable feedback, she’s more on board today.”
- Since the 2008 financial crisis, Wells had struggled financially, according to the fundraiser description. She needed money to “alleviate IRS penalties” and pay for her healthcare after “an unanticipated accident that required hospitalization for two months.”
- “Dawn is very thrilled that her fans have rushed to her rescue – startled and amazed,” Kirkpatrick said. “She always loved them. She’s proven that. She flew poor folks to her Idaho property for movie screenings. She’s generous to many.”
Kirkpatrick told TMZ that Wells has no family or home.
5. Carol Sutton
|Born:||December 3, 1944, New Orleans, LA|
|Died:||December 10, 2020, New Orleans, LA|
|Education:||Xavier University Preparatory School|
COVID-19 problems killed the actress at 76 on Dec. 10, 2020.
- WGNO reported that Sutton died after several days at Touro Infirmary in New Orleans.
- Steel Magnolias’ Nurse Pam made Sutton famous. She appears on Queen Sugar, True Detective, and Lovecraft Country.
- Friday’s extended eulogy by New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell announced her death.
“Carol Sutton was practically the Queen of New Orleans theatre, having graced the stages around the city for decades,” Cantrell said, listing her most famous theatre performances, including A Raisin in the Sun.
6. Tommy “Tiny” Lister
|Born:||June 24, 1958, Compton, CA|
|Died:||December 10, 2020, Marina del Rey, CA|
|Spouse:||Felicia Forbes (m. 2003–2020)|
|Education:||California State University, Los Angeles, Palomar College|
|Parents:||Mildred Faye Lister, Tommy Lister|
- The actor passed away on December 10, 2020. He was most known for his roles in The Dark Knight and the Friday movie series. He was 62.
- Although he had not previously tested positive for the coronavirus, Lister passed away after displaying “COVID symptoms” for a week, according to his manager Cindy Cowan.
- He was very unique and a gentle giant, she remarked. “A man that I’ve known for, like, 20 years like a brother.”
7. Brandis Kemp
|Born:||February 1, 1951, Palo Alto, CA|
|Died:||July 4, 2020, Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA|
|Spouse:||Mark Blankfield (m. 1972–1987)|
Kemp, an actress best known for her roles on Fridays and AfterMASH, passed away on July 4, 2020, after a battle with brain cancer and COVID-19 complications. She was 76.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kemp passed away at her home in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles. According to actress and acting teacher Myra Turley, she was surrounded by family and friends.
- At the age of 75, Kemp was given the diagnosis with glioblastoma, an aggressive tumor that can develop in the brain or spinal cord. It is unknown when Kemp developed COVID-19.
8. Lee Fierro
|Born:||February 13, 1929, New York, NY|
|Died:||April 5, 2020, Ohio|
Melanie Stephens, Dinah Hodgson, Anthony Stephens, Doug Keeler, Ethan Fierro
Actress Fierro, who is most known for playing the distraught Mrs. Kintner in Steven Spielberg’s 1975 horror film Jaws, passed away on April 5, 2020, at the age of 91, as a result of COVID-19 problems.
- Fierro worked at Island Theatre Workshop for more than 40 years throughout her tenure on Martha’s Vineyard, and Kevin Ryan, artistic director, and board president, confirmed the information to the Martha’s Vineyard Times and Entertainment Tonight.
- “She will be sorely missed. She worked in the vineyard here for 40 years “Ryan said to ET.
Together with Ryan, the actress with a background in theatre and a longstanding resident of Martha’s Vineyard coached and taught more than 1,000 local kids theatre skills. She was residing in an assisted living home in Ohio at the time of her death so she could be nearer to her family.
9. Jay Benedict
|Born:||April 11, 1951, Burbank, CA|
|Died:||April 4, 2020, London, United Kingdom|
|Spouse:||Phoebe Scholfield (m. 2009–2020)|
|Children:||Freddie Benedict, Leopold Benedict|
The actor, who is best known for his work in The Dark Knight Rises and Aliens, passed away at age 68 as a result of complications from the novel coronavirus.
- On April 6, 2020, a statement on his official website read, “It is with deep sorrow that we must announce Jay’s death on the 4th of April owing to complications developing from a COVID-19 infection.”
- His management company, TCG Artist Management, shared the news of his loss on Twitter “We regret to inform you of the passing of our beloved client Jay Benedict, who lost his fight with COVID-19 this afternoon. We are praying for his family.”
10. Julie Bennett
|Born:||January 24, 1932, Manhattan, New York, NY|
March 31, 2020, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
|Spouse:||Jerry Bredouw (m. 1965–1971)|
On March 31, 2020, Julie Bennett, an actress well known for providing Cindy Bear’s voice in The Yogi Bear Show cartoons, died as a result of COVID-19-related complications. Age-wise, she was 88.
- Bennett’s talent agency and lifelong friend, Mark Scroggs, verified Bennett’s passing to celebdeathnews when she was a patient at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Bennett is survived by Carol, Nick, and Mark Scroggs, whom she referred to as her “mutually adopted family.”
You can give to The Actors’ Fund in her honor.
11. Andrew Jack
|Born:||January 28, 1944, London, United Kingdom|
|Died:||March 31, 2020, Surrey, United Kingdom|
|Spouse:||Paula Jack (m. 2000–2018)|
|Parents:||Stephen Jack, Julia Hutchinson|
At age 76, the Lord of the Rings dialect instructor and Star Wars actor passed away.
- His representative, Jill McCullough, stated in a statement to the Evening Standard that Jack passed away on March 31, 2020, at a hospital outside of London due to problems he had grown ill with as a result of COVID-19.
- Andrew was fiercely independent yet madly in love with his wife, and he had a dialect coach named Gabrielle Rogers, according to McCullough. He also resided on one of the oldest operating houseboats on the Thames.
- “Tragically, after arriving from New Zealand last week, she is still in quarantine in Australia. She was unable to communicate with him before he passed away, and it’s possible that no funeral will be performed.”
- On Twitter, Rogers posted the following statement: “Today we lost a man. Two days ago, Andrew Jack received a coronavirus diagnosis. He was not in any agony, and he departed quietly knowing that everyone in his family was “with” him.”
- Jack had a lengthy and outstanding resume, and his most recent employment was on the Robert Pattinson film The Batman.
On numerous Marvel Studios movies, including Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The First Avenger, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame, he also served as a dialect coach. His wife and two kids have survived him.
- Why Did Joker Actor Die? This is What You Need To Know!
- Why Do Actors Die So Young? Here’s Why It’s Happening and Buzzing On The Internet!
- Actors Who Died This Week 2022: What All Do We Need To Know?
STAY STRONG AND SHARE THIS POST
A Content publisher who likes to publish and write articles on popular celebrities. Covers the famous people passing away news. He has hobbies of writing content, skiing, and listening to music.