- Sylvia Syms
- In the early 1960s, when homosexuality was banned, several of Britain’s finest performers and actresses found Victim’s theme of homosexuality and blackmail too hot to handle.
- Dirk Bogarde played the gay barrister after Jack Hawkins, James Mason, and Stewart Granger declined.
- Though he never “came out,” Bogarde was a matinee idol at the time and lived with the same man for almost 40 years.
- Basil Dearden cast the female lead similarly.
- After Ice Cold in Alex, Sylvia Syms may have considered Hollywood.
- Instead, she played the lawyer’s wife, striving to understand and accept his attraction to men, even though the film only shows him hugging another man.
- To show they were more than pals, Bogarde added “I wanted him” to the dialogue.
2. Annie Wersching
It hurts every time a young person passes away. But in the case of Annie Wersching, it is especially cruel that one of the actors closely associated with the new HBO series “The Last Of Us” would be unable to enjoy it at a time when it is experiencing great popularity.
3. Lisa Loring
- Jenna Ortega’s first public comment after Lisa Loring’s death. The seasoned actress played the first Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family when she was six. 64-year-old she died.
- On Tuesday, January 31, the Netflix actor posted two black-and-white childhood images of Loring on her Instagram Story and wrote, “Devastated. Thanks.”
- On Saturday, January 28, Loring’s daughter Vanessa Foumberg revealed that the actor died from high blood pressure-related stroke complications. “She went quietly with both daughters clutching her hands,” she said.
- Loring’s friend Laurice Jacobson posted on Facebook about her death before Foumberg’s remark. “Lisa Loring, our buddy, died. Smoking and hypertension caused her big stroke four days earlier. 3 days on life support. Her family had to remove it yesterday, and she died last night “Jacobson.
- “Wednesday Addams is in our hearts and pop culture. Lisa’s showbiz legacy is immense “Loring’s pal continued. “Her legacy for her family and friends—humor, affection, and love—will live on. Lisa, RIP. Girl… Fun!”
Find more posts here:
- Actors Who Lost Their Lives This Week: Billy Packer, Alfred Leslie, George Zimbel, Yoshimitsu Yamada, Jerry Blavat, Everett Quinton, Álvaro Colom, Lloyd Morrisett, Myrtle Witbooi
- Actors Who Died This Week: David Crosby, Arthur Duncan, Jonathan Raban, Mary Kaye Richter, Yukihiro Takahashi
- Which Actors Passed Away on the Titanic? Check Here!
A Content publisher who likes to publish and write articles on popular celebrities. Covers the famous people passing away news. He has hobbies of writing content, skiing, and listening to music.