The strange deaths of Heather O’Rourke, a 1980s child actor, and three of her Poltergeist co-stars have raised concerns about a “Hollywood curse.”
- The most “cursed” movie in Hollywood, Poltergeist is recognized as one of the most horrific horror movies of all time.
- Due to Heather O’Rourke’s strange death in 1988, many people thought that the hit movie Poltergeist was cursed.
- The gloomy legacy of the 1982 movie has been passed down through the years, steeped in superstition due to several unexplained cast fatalities.
- Even the 2015 remake, which received harsh criticism, was put in fear.
- Four cast members passed away under inexplicable circumstances, with Heather O’Rourke’s death being the most surprising. This led to the emergence of the “Poltergeist curse,” as it has come to be called.
- In all three Poltergeist movies, Heather, who was 12 at the time the movie was created, portrayed the main character Carol Anne.
- The first movie in the series was successful because of her eerie appearance and unsettling delivery of the sentence “They’re here.”
She Died Abruptly When She Was 12 Years Old
- According to the LA Times, the actress passed away during surgery when physicians were attempting to treat an acute intestinal obstruction brought on by what was thought to be a protracted fight with Crohn’s disease.
- On February 1, 1988, the young actress was unfortunately declared dead after going into septic shock.
- Many people think that the first year the first movie came out is when the curse started.
- Soon after the 1983 film’s premiere, Dominique Dunne, who made her acting debut in Poltergeist as Carol Anne’s older sister, violently committed suicide.
- Her lover, John Thomas Sweeney, fatally strangled her.
- After the attack, Dunne was put on life support, but he passed dead five days later, according to a New York Times article.
- The Freelance Star reported in 1983 that Sweeney was later determined to have committed voluntary manslaughter.
- Julian Beck was the subsequent deceased actor.
- Doomsday cult leader Kane, who played Carol Anne’s most menacing spirit in Poltergeist II, regrettably did not live to see the film’s debut.
- On September 14, 1985, he succumbed to stomach cancer at the age of 60, according to The New York Times.
- Will Sampson’s strange third death.
In the second Poltergeist movie, he played a kind ghost by the name of Taylor.
Did Many Performers Pass Away After Filming Poltergeist?
People on online discussion forums are discussing this. No, only the performers mentioned here died from the cast of the film. Was this film cursed? Check below
For more posts like this check below:
- Which French Actor Passed Away in Ski Tragedy? Check here!
- Who Was the Young TV Actors That Died Recently? : Here’s My List!
- Why Do Actors Die So Young? Here’s Why It’s Happening and Buzzing On The Internet!
THANK YOU AND SHARE THIS POST